What is Mental Health?
Mental health means much more than just mental health problems.
Mental health means much more than just mental health problems. When we talk about mental health we usually mean, the way you think about things, how you feel and how you act on those feelings. There are many ways to describe mental health and when we talk about having good mental health we usually talk about:
- Feeling good
- Being able to change and grow and experience new things
- Caring for yourself and for other people
- Enjoying life – laughing and having fun
- Have a balance between work and play, sleep and awake time, rest and exercise
- Good self-esteem and being happy with who you are
- Being able to deal with stress, worries, and difficult times.
There are many types of mental health difficulties and different mental health problems can affect people in different ways.
If you’re worried in any way about your mental health it might help to talk to someone you trust. Being young can be a very difficult time and it’s important to remember that you are not alone. Feelings can be confusing and we can have a lot of feelings about a lot of things. This is completely normal, but if you’re worried about something you have the right to talk about it when someone you trust like a family member, a doctor, or a school teacher.
We all go through times that are tough and we all need support from people around us.
For more information on mental health you can check out the websites below