Welcome to Childline. We understand that this is an extremely difficult time for you right now filled with lots of thoughts, feelings and emotions. Please know we will do our very best to listen to you and provide a safe space to share what it is that is going on for you. Before we do, let us explain a little about who we are and what we do!
Who we are
- Childline is a part of the ISPCC (The Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children).
- There are several ways to contact Childline – you can call us, text us or chat with us live online.
- Right now you are visiting the online part of Childline!
- Childline is open every day and is for all children and young people up to the age of 18 in Ireland.
- You can talk with Childline in confidence, about anything that might be on your mind, and we won’t judge you, give out to you or tell you what to do. We’re here to listen and we’ll help you to figure out the best solution for you.
- We try to empower, support and protect young people like you every day. You don’t have to have a problem to talk to Childline.
- You can contact Childline for free at any time of the day or night by calling 1800 66 66 66. You can also chat with us live on this website, or, if you prefer to text, you can contact Childline by sending a text to 50101.
Some other things we do in Childline:
- We go to schools and clubs and give talks
- We campaign for children’s rights
- We sometimes talk to adults who are concerned about children