Pat's Answer

To Pat / 15 Dec 2019

Topic: School & Family

Your Question

My parents are not gonna pay for my university fees anymore and I’m 17 with no job or house

From Pat / 17 Jan 2019


Welcome to Ask Pat. It sounds like there is a lot going on for you at the moment.

From your short email it is difficult to know if you have had a falling out with your parents and as a result have nowhere to live and cannot attend university.

Your parents have the responsibility to provide for your basic needs such as food, clothing and a home until you are 18.

It might be helpful for you to talk about this further. If you would like to do so, you can contact Childline. Childline is always here to listen and to support you. You can call Childline on 1800 66 66 66 (24 hours a day), text Childline on 50101 (10am – 4am every day) or chat with Childline on this website (10am – 4am every day).

Kind Regards,

Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.