Alex's Answer

Troubled by my brother

Your Question

My brother is troubling me all the time. He is seven years older and is hitting me. What should I do?


Hi there, thanks for getting in touch.
Firstly, we want to welcome you and let you know that you’re not alone in facing these challenges. It takes courage to reach out for help, and we’re here to support you through this difficult time.
We’re really sorry to hear that your brother is troubling you and even resorting to physical aggression. It’s understandable that this situation is causing you distress and discomfort. No one should have to endure such behaviour, especially from a family member. We hope this article will be helpful to you
It’s important to prioritise your safety and well-being. If you feel comfortable, we encourage you to talk to a trusted adult about what’s happening. This could be a parent, guardian, teacher, or another responsible person who can provide support and guidance. They can help you address the situation and explore possible solutions.
Remember, you have the right to feel safe and respected in your own home. If talking to someone you know feels daunting or if you’re unsure where to turn, there are confidential resources available to you, such as Childline. You can reach out to us anytime, day or night, for support and assistance. We are offer a non-judgmental and confidential space where you can discuss your concerns and explore your options.
You are not alone in this, and there are people who care about your well-being and are ready to help. Stay strong, and know that you deserve to live free from harm.
Take care of yourself, and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need further help or support,

Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.