I want to keep my relationship alive
How can i keep my relationship alive?
Thank you for reaching out to Ask Alex. You have a question about how to keep your relationship alive, thank you for sharing this. Maintaining a healthy relationship can take effort and dedication from both partners, and there are many ways that can help to keep your relationship alive;
- Communication – open and honest communication is the foundation of many successful relationships. What would you like to get from your relationship with your partner? Take time to listen to your partner’s thoughts and feelings and express yours clearly and respectfully so that you both feel heard and understood.
- Quality Time – It is important to make time for each other. What kind of activities do you both enjoy? Creating shared experiences and memories can help to strengthen your relationship.
- Maintain Individuality – While it’s essential to nurture your relationship, it is equally as important to maintain your own identities. Encourage each other’s interests, respect each other’s boundaries and give each other space when needed.
- Trust & Honesty – Trust is the cornerstone of a healthy relationship, being honest and transparent with each other can help to build a strong foundation.
- Show affection – Small gestures of love and affection can help to keep your relationship alive and make your partner feel valued and appreciated. Planning a date, sending a nice message, writing a note or engaging in activities can help to express your feelings and keep your relationship alive.
- Resolve Conflicts – Disagreements are normal in any relationship. Instead of avoiding them, focus on finding solutions by practicing active listening.
Remember, relationships require ongoing effort and commitment from both partners. While these suggestions can help you to keep your relationship alive, it is important that you adapt them to suit your unique relationship. You have the right to be supported and to talk to a trusted adult for advice and support.
If you would like to talk more about what is going on for you, Childline are always here to support you. Childline is here 24/7 and you can reach us by calling 1800 66 66 66 or by chatting with us online at www.childline.ie (click on the orange Live Chat button).
Take care of yourself, we hope you find the above helpful,