Alex's Answer

Posting videos without my consent

Your Question

a older boy has been editing recoridngs of me and posting them with out my consent im a minor can he be done for it


Hi there, welcome to Ask Alex!
First of all, thank you for reaching out and sharing what’s going on. It sounds like a really tough situation, and we’re sorry you’re dealing with this.
It’s not ok for anyone to record or share content of you without your permission, especially if it makes you uncomfortable or upset.
In Ireland, it’s against the law for anyone to have inappropriate images of anyone under 18 on any device. If an older boy is editing and posting recordings of you without your consent, especially if these recordings are inappropriate or damaging, this is something that can be taken very seriously.
You have the right to report this to the Gardaí who can help you address this issue and take the necessary legal actions.
Additionally, if you need any images or videos taken down from any online platforms, you can contact They specialise in helping people remove illegal content from the internet and can provide guidance on what steps to take next. This article may also be helpful
It’s also important to talk to a supportive adult you trust, such as a parent, teacher, or school counsellor. They can help you through this situation, offer advice, and provide the emotional support you need. Having someone in your corner can make a big difference and ensure you’re not facing this alone.
Remember, the Childline team is here to support you too. We can explore your options with you. We understand how difficult this must be, and we want to help you feel safe and heard. Childline is open 24 hours a day, every day. You can contact us for free at 1800 66 66 66, or reach out via Messenger at by clicking on the purple Messenger circle.
We’re here for you anytime you need us. Take care and don’t hesitate to reach out for support. Look after yourself,

Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.