Pat's Answer

To Pat / 1 August 2020

Need to feel less numb

Your Question

what do i do, if i need someone to feel less numb and depressed but that person wants to leave cos im too mental and some days it look like i dont care because off my mood

From Pat / 1 September 2020


Hi you are very welcome to Ask Pat. 

Thank you for your message.  There was a lot in it in what you are saying and I hope I understand everything that is going on for you. Would I be right in thinking that you are currently engaging with someone who is helping you with your feelings but that they have indicated to you that they want to stop working with you? Also, you feel that the person has judged you depending on your moods. 

You appear to be open enough to talk about your feelings and thoughts which is a brilliant start. You also seem to be active in chatting to someone about what is going on for you.  You have the right to get support if you are feeling numb and depressed. This support can come from family and friends, however sometimes people might need to get the help from a professional, like a doctor or a counsellor. Thoughts and feelings are so important to who we are and it seems like you are taking action but that you still need a little more support.

You are brave in sending your query to us and we would like you to know that there are other services available to you as well.  Here are some websites which support young people who have mental health concerns and maybe they can be some help to you as well. along with  and are organizations which help people who are feeling the way that you are right now. It is important that you get the help you deserve. Talking to somebody when we are not feeling good can really help us to feel better. We can be given techniques to help us to cope when things are bad.

You may also find some of the articles on the Childline website helpful Childline would really enjoy chatting to you more about your thoughts and feelings. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so there will always be somebody to chat with you when you need to. Childline does not judge anything that you say or do. We do not trace calls or use caller or IP IDs, so it is a safe place for you to talk about whatever is on your mind. You can reach us by phone at 1800 66 66 66 or text on 50101, and you can access our web chat through our website at  

You are very courageous in sharing your thoughts and feelings and I hope the information that you have received will be off some benefit to you. 

Please keep in touch, 


Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.