School discipline shall be administered with respect for the child’s human dignity and in a manner corresponding to this Convention.
The education of the child shall be directed to:
- Give the student the opportunity to develop in his or her own way and according to his or her ability
- Teach respect for human rights and freedoms and the principles of the UN
- Develop respect for the student's cultural identity, language and values and for cultures different from his or her own
- Prepare the student for a responsible life as an adult in a free society in a spirit of understanding, peace, tolerance, equality of the sexes and friendship among all peoples
- Teach the student respect for the natural environment.