You are here: Home Support Finding help Social Workers

Social Workers

They provide help and support for children considered to be at risk or who are not safe.
The Child and Family Agency was established on the 1st January 2014 and is now the dedicated State agency responsible for improving wellbeing and outcomes for children.
Child and Family Agency social workers are based in Local Offices and they provide support to children and families who are experiencing difficulties; they assess child welfare and protection concerns, support families who are finding it difficult to manage the care of their children, refer families to other support services and find alternative care if the child cannot live at home. There are many different offices around the country and you may have to talk to a social worker in your particular area. We understand that it can be scary to talk to a someone like a social worker about what is going on for you but it is their job to help and support you and to make the experience of speaking out as easy as is possible for you.
If you wish to contact a social worker in your area the Tusla website  has a list of all the social work departments and their contact details.