You have the right to say no.
Drugs and alcohol can:
- Have a detrimental impact on the relationships you have with friends and family.
- You may develop an addiction
- They can adversely affect your emotional state.
- They can also lead to you getting into debt / owing large amounts of money.
- They can cause you to get into trouble or become involved with the gardai.
- They can also lead you to develop depression or other mental health problems.
Things to be aware of:
- It can help you to find out more information.
- Be prepared to say no to peer pressure.
- Find out other things that you can do for fun.
- Find other ways that you can relax and de stress.
- Help by looking for support and guidance with emotional issues that may lead to you turning to drugs.
- Talk to a parent or trusted adult about how you are feeling.