What is bullying?
Bullying is when a person or group keeps saying or doing things to hurt or control another person in a harmful way.
Bullying is unacceptable behaviour which makes the person being bullied feel afraid or uncomfortable and it should NOT be considered a "normal part of life".
These are some ways children and young people have described bullying:
- being called names
- being teased
- being pushed or pulled about
- having money and other possessions taken or messed about with
- having rumours spread about them
- being ignored and left out
- being hit, kicked or physically hurt in any way
- being threatened or intimidated