Alex's Answer

I think I have a split personality

Your Question

What should I do if I think I have split personality?


Hello, welcome to Ask Alex

We understand that it takes a lot of courage to reach out if you think you might have split personality, and it’s really important to address these feelings. Firstly, remember that you’re not alone, and there’s help available. Here’s what you can do:

Talk to Someone You Trust: Start by confiding in a trusted adult, like a parent, guardian, teacher, or school counsellor. Sharing your feelings with someone you trust can be a big relief and the first step toward getting support.

Reach Out to Jigsaw Ireland: Jigsaw is a youth mental health organization in Ireland that provides support and advice to young people. They have local centres and an online platform where you can find information and resources specific to your situation.

Consult a Mental Health Professional: It’s essential to seek help from a mental health professional, like a psychologist or psychiatrist. They can assess your situation, provide a diagnosis if necessary, and create a treatment plan tailored to your needs.

Self-Care and Coping Strategies: While you seek professional help, remember to take care of yourself. Practice self-care techniques such as mindfulness, relaxation exercises, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle to manage stress and emotions.

Remember, you don’t have to go through this alone. You can always contact Childline by freephone at 1800 66 66 66 or access our Live Chat at Childline is a safe space, confidential, non-judgmental support 24/7, and we’re always there to listen and help you through difficult times. Your well-being is important, and there are people who genuinely care and want to support you.

We hope to hear from you soon, please reach out for the support you deserve.


Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.