Alex's Answer

I am suicidal

Your Question

 I want to kill my self


Hi there and welcome to Ask Alex.  


We know that it can be a difficult thing to reach out and talk about what’s going on for you, but we feel that this can be a helpful thing for young people, so thank you for being so brave and well done for taking the first step.   


If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is very important to speak to someone as soon as possible, as there is support out there for you. If you need immediate help, you can contact the Gardaí at 999 or  112;  both these numbers are freephone numbers. 


 You can contact Pieta House ( who offer a free crisis helpline for people with suicide ideation and self-harm on 1800 247 247 or Text HELP to 51444. There is also the Samaritans ( who offer a free phone service on 116 123. You may find this article from the Childline website helpful


Have you been able to speak to an adult you trust about how you are feeling? They would be able to help you get the right support. Your GP also would be aware of local supports and be able to link you in with those too. 


If you would rather speak to someone outside of your family/friends/school, we are always here for you at Childline by clicking on the Live Chat button on this website or giving us a call on 1800 66 66 66You can talk about anything you want to, and we are here to listen to whatever you would like to say. 


Please look after yourself, and reach out for the support you deserve right away,


Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.