Pat's Answer

To Pat / 30 March 2020

Topic: How to make a disclosure?

Your Question

How to make a diclosure about something you seen

From Pat / 04 April 2020


Welcome to Ask Pat,

It sounds like you have seen something that you feel you may need to disclose to someone. We understand that it is a difficult position to be in and you would have the right to get support about this.

You would be able to contact the child protection agency in Ireland called TUSLA for more information regarding queries of concern and information.

Young people have the right to get help from an adult in their lives that they feel they can talk to about what is going on for them. Some may feel this trusted adult for them is a family member, teacher, doctor or a school guidance counsellor.

Don’t forget, you can always contact Childline by phone on 1800 66 66 66, we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our text service, 50101 and webchat service, through, are available daily. While we do not tell you what to do here at Childline, we are here to listen and support and to help you to explore the options that are available to you in your life to help you in a way that suits you.

Take Care,


Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.