Pat's Answer

To Pat / 13 Feb 2020

Topic: Crippling anxiety and stress

Your Question

What’s a good way to deal with the crippling anxiety and stress from PDD-NOS, a one way relationship, a failing Leaving Cert, divorcing parents and a family that doesn’t understand me all at once?
– Max

From Pat / 19 Feb 2020


Welcome to Ask Pat,

Thank you for contacting us about what is going on for you Max. It sounds like you are going through a lot at the moment and it is understandable that you are reaching out to us for support. You have the right to support for what is going for you.
You may find the tabs on our website helpful, particularly the ‘Info and advice’ section. There is also support and information on the HSE website, where you can find information about many issues related to mental health and about other support services.

Young people have the right to get help from an adult in their lives that they feel they can talk to about what is going on for them. Some may feel this trusted adult for them is a family member, teacher, doctor or a school guidance counsellor. Don’t forget, you can always contact Childline on 1800 66 66 66 to talk about what is going on for you. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our text service, 50101 and webchat service, through, are available from 10am to 4 am every day. While we do not tell you what to do here at Childline, we are here to listen and support and to help you to explore the options that are available to you in your life to help you in a way that suits you.

You have been very brave contacting us Max, perhaps you would like to chat with Childline by phone, text or webchat to further explore what you are going through at the moment.

Take care.

Ask me a question

You can ask me about anything you want, there’s nothing too big or small.