Meeting new people can sometimes make us nervous. Some people might get so nervous that they don't know what to say. Some of the thoughts which might run through your head can include:
- You might feel worried that you will be rejected, or that you will embarrass yourself
- You might compare yourself to others or be too hard on yourself
- You might have had friendships before which ended and you're not sure why
- You might feel afraid that you won't know the 'right' thing to say
- You might feel as though you are too nervous to talk to new people
It's important to remember that other people might be feeling just as nervous be you.